|1. PRIVACY STATEMENT|
|Houlder Insurance Services Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.|
|This policy (together with our Conditions of Use) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.|
|For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Houlder Insurance Services Limited of Michael’s House, 10-12 Alie Street, London E1 8DE.|
|Information we may collect from you|
|We may collect and process the following data about you:|
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.houlder.co.uk (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and fulfilment of your orders through our site.
- Information you provide to us for placement of insurance.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Information you provide to us for placement of insurance.
- Confirmation when you open an e-mail from us if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access
|Please note that if you do not provide all required personal information relevant to underwriting you will be unable to secure insurance.|
|Sensitive personal data|
|You may be required to provide sensitive personal data, as defined by the Act (such as information about health or criminal convictions) in relation to certain types of insurance. We will only use such sensitive personal data to provide you with an estimate or quote for our policies and to administrate or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us. You will be required to give us your explicit consent before providing any sensitive personal data. If you are required to provide any sensitive personal data about other people, you must obtain their explicit consent and confirm their consent to us prior to providing such data. |
|We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.|
|Where we store your personal data|
|All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.|
|Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.|
|Uses made of the information|
|We use information held about you in the following ways:|
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
|We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone. |
|If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. |
|If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. |
|If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data. You will also be given the opportunity to opt out of any marketing by following the unsubscribe instructions given in each marketing message. |
|We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.|
|Disclosure of your information|
|We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.|
|We may disclose your personal information to third parties:|
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Holder Insurance Services Limited (or any of our holding companies) or substantially all of its or their assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- In order to provide you with the specific service you require or to administer products you have with us, or in connection with insurance arrangements and in the processing of claims, in which case we may disclose your personal data to our insurance partners, underwriters, loss adjusters, advisers and other agents.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Conditions of Use or any of our terms and conditions relating to the placement of insurance and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Holder Insurance Services Limited, any member of our group, our or their customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Where you have consented to our disclosing such data for marketing purposes, to selected third parties.
|You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at General Enquiries.|
|Third party privacy policies|
|Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.|
|Insurance policies placed by us will be subject to the privacy policies of the applicable insurers. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies carefully.|
|Access to information|
|The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.|